Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said Tuesday it plans to open five of its Walmart Neighborhood Market stores in metro Denver this summer, introducing the smaller-format stores to the area, and is hiring about 400 full- and part-time workers for the stores.
The planned stores are at:
- 14605 W. 64th Ave., Arvada;
- 16746 E. Smokey Hill Road, Centennial;
- 1442 S. Parker Road, Denver;
- 3615 W. Bowles Ave., Littleton;
- 5141 Chambers Road, Denver.
Walmart Neighborhood Markets are a smaller store — averaging about 42,000 square feet — than the more common Walmart Supercenters, which average 185,000 square feet, or standard Walmarts, at 108,000 square feet. Nearly all of the 20 existing Walmarts in the immediate Denver area are Supercenters.